Thursday, September 30, 2010

childhood indoctrination

I don't want my kids to think the way I think. I want them to think the way THEY think. they are real people, not clones for us to live vicariously.

I think the real problem is that parents want their kids to be just like them, to achieve where they couldn't and to believe what they always wanted the rest of the world to beleive. Also, to not be unruly. I wonder..if the bible didn't tell us to honor our mothers and fathers, would we have more personality? hm...

I think that a parent's job is to give children the necessary means to grow up on their own, not mold them in their image. I think that a parents job is to teach kids about everything, not just something in a narrow point of view.
doing otherwise is just making them vulnerable in real life situations.

It doesn't mater to me what belief my children have in the future, what matters to me is that they have the right to do so, and to choose freely.

and don't even get me started on parents who disown their homosexual children...

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're opinions are appreciated!