Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Chruch Story

When I was a little younger and stopped going to church with my christian family, my mother spoke to the person who was in charge of the "praise group"...pretty much they play music and sing about God during the morning service. She wanted me to join them since she was sure that all I needed to be a better christian was to be involved in the church. Now, I openly told my mother that I was not a christian anymore...nor had I ever really considered myself one, but she told me that it would be good for me, and since I like playing music with other musicians I felt that it didn't really matter if it was a religious setting or not. I just wanted to play. So we talked to the person who was in charge of this and she said that the only requirement was that I need to do it for the lord. Obviously..but this didn't bother me before until I thought about it. I realized that I wouldn't be doing myself or anyone else any justice if my playing didn't come from the heart. So I decided to drop the idea.

I wonder if they would have known other wise? It would have been pretty awkward I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're opinions are appreciated!