Sunday, September 12, 2010

Happy Holidays!

I celebrate "Christmas" three different ways....and I'm an Atheist!

I celebrate my parents version - Christ's bday.
then I celebrate my fiance's version - Yule.
then I celebrate a secular version with my friends - It's about kindness.

I'd celebrate Kwanzaa and Hanukkah, but I don't know any one who celebrates these holidays so it is irrelevant.

Everyone seems to not understand the true meaning of Christmas! it isn't Christ! the true meaning of Christmas....before Christians stole it, is the celebration of the winter solstice.

for someone who stole a holiday to be offended is a little ridiculous. its Paganism that is insulted.
if you try to argue with me about this..look it up first. Pagans celebrated this before the coming of Christ. It was clearly stolen by Christians. I'll make a list of things that were stolen at the bottom of this blog.

Why did they steal it? To make it easier to convert Pagans. Besides, history points towards Christ being born near spring...not December.

December 25th is not just one group's holiday. Stop being offended and stop claiming that your beliefs are under attack. open your mind and do a little research before you judge someone.

I will forever refer to it as "happy holidays!"

Things That Were Stolen From Pagans:
* The colors green and red - These colors were used in pagan rituals and had meanings:
Red = Love
Green = Peace, Hope, nature, fertility
* Christ being born - Pagans celebrated the coming of spring.
* Santa Clause - The Germanic Pagan god Odin.
* Gift Giving to show kindness
* The date of the celebration; December 25th is the date of the Pagan celebration of Saturnalia.
* Christmas trees - Pagans decorated trees with colorful ornaments to encourage the coming of spring. Trees are very important as a symbol of nature's cycle. Also they used evergreen trees because they were full of life, like they wanted spring to be.

This is a short list. I know there are many others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're opinions are appreciated!